We recently bought a house! And holy moly is it a ton of work. Thank goodness that my parents know how to do this stuff, because we have no clue! I’d say its a semi-fixer-upper. The house is in good condition, but its not aesthetically pleasing. Also, the previous owner’s DIY skills left much to be desired.
We started with the laundry room, not only because it was the grossest room in the house, but also didn’t want to install the washer and dryer to have to remove them and re-install later.
What we did:
- Kilz’d the ceiling and walls,
- Painted the ceiling, walls, and trim,
- Hung the beadboard,
- Installed the cabinet, and
- Installed the washer and dryer
What we used:
- Beadboard: FashionWall 47.75-in x 7.98-ft Edge and Center Bead Hardboard Wall Panel
- Cabinet: 36x30x12 in. Hampton Wall Cabinet in Satin White
- Primer: Kilz Original
- Wall Paint: Behr Premium Plus Ultra in Ocean Kiss
- Ceiling Paint: Behr Premium PlusUltra Pure White Zero VOC Flat Interior Paint
- Trim Paint: Ultra Pure White Semi-Gloss Enamel Zero VOC Interior Paint
- Floor: STAINMASTER 18-in x 18-in Groutable Crushed Shell Peel-and-Stick Stone Luxury Commercial Vinyl Tile
Finishing touches are still to come, but this is the first room that we have the most complete. Working on fitting a chandelier in there somehow!